At some point, every one of us coffee lovers start feeling like possibly, maybe, we should upgrade our coffee maker. It’s impossible not to feel emotionally attached to your trusty coffee machine that makes an espresso that tastes like home. However, the fact remains that whenever you think about getting better prosumer espresso machines, you feel the excitement.
Excitement because a better machine doesn’t just give you better coffee. It makes the experience of making coffee better, your morning better, and, by extension, it makes your life better. This may sound like an exaggeration, but we’ve experienced it first-hand and, once you’ve experienced it, you’ll more than agree with us.
So let us dive right in into our list of some of the best prosumer espresso machines out there:
Product Quick Compare
- IT'S ALL ABOUT THE FOAM: The De'Longhi Automatic Cappuccino System creates perfectly layered espresso beverages, with dense, rich, long-lasting foam in every cup from start to...
- NESPRESSO CAPSULE SYSTEM: The ultimate convenience. The recyclable aluminum capsules contain the finest espressos for authentic taste without measuring or cleanup. Anodized...
- BRINGS OUT MORE FLAVOR: De'Longhi's patented espresso extraction system creates the ideal flow of water with 19 bars of pressure - the ultimate amount for drawing the most...
The first prosumer coffee machine on our list we love because it is simply perfect for making espresso-based drinks like cappuccino and macchiato. It has a unique frothing system. Instead of using a steam wand, there is a lid that connects to the “steam duct.”
This lid closes when not in use, and you can attach either the hot water nozzle, which will only dispense hot water whenever you might need it. You can also attach the Latissima Pro’s milk container to it. This container serves both as a milk container, frothing, and dispenser.
Once you have attached it to the steam duct, you can then control how much steam you let through and into the container, which will ultimately determine the quantity of foam and the texture of your milk. Out of its left side and pointing right to where the coffee cup should be is the dispense. One can adjust it at different angles, too, which means there’s no issue with using different kinds of coffee cups, mugs, etc.
An automatic rinsing function lets you keep it relatively clean with little or no need to take it apart and wash it every time, like with other frothing devices.
The machine’s practical way of dispensing milk and foam will let you make drinks like cappuccino, macchiato, and latte macchiato in under one minute.
The water tank is removable and can hold up to 44 ounces of water. It’s got an alarm system which lets you know whenever you’re running low on water.
Now we come to the coolest feature of this espresso machine, a touch display that gives you options to customize your drink. It can be used to adjust the level of water in your coffee (Ristretto, Espresso, Lungo) and so too the amount of milk you want in it. It makes customizing your drinks easy and fun, and it is by far the feature we like the most.
- 44-ounce water tank. Low water level alarm.
- One-touch coffee with a tactile display.
- One-touch milk frother capable of making cappuccino and macchiato with one touch.
- The semi-automatic self-rinsing function keeps the machine clean for longer.
- Folding drip tray accommodates regular coffee cups as well as tall glasses for Frappuccino, macchiato.
What We Liked
What We Didn't Like
- VERSATILITY: Nespresso Expert offers 4 different single-serve Coffee or Espresso cup sizes including Ristretto (.85 oz.), Espresso (1.35 oz.), Lungo (3.7 oz.) and for the...
- POWERFUL COFFEE MAKER: There are 3 temperature settings (medium, hot and extra hot) to fit your needs which also includes a separate spout for hot water and Americano...
- SMART COFFEE MAKER: Bluetooth (LED) technology enables you to create personalized single-serve Coffees, easy Nespresso capsule re-ordering and simplified machine care &...
As is the case with many of Nespresso’s machine, the Expert has a design that immediately makes a good impression. Award-winning and flat-to-the wall, the design is not only beautiful –off-black combined with an aluminum finish- but works well in almost any setting.
Equipped with four different coffee sizes, you’ll find the usual suspects. These include the Ristretto, Espresso, and Lungo—plus a new one, exclusive to the Expert, the Americano. This, plus the fact that you can play with the temperature of your brewing water (warm, hot, very hot), scores a lot of points for this machine.
Bluetooth connectivity: Once you get the Nespresso app and pair up your phone with the Expert, you’ll have access to a bunch of excellent features. Personalize (even more!) the size of your coffee, change coffee settings, schedule the next morning’s coffee, save your favorite recipes.
The machine has an exclusive hot water option. Rather than give you hot water instead of coffee, there’s a separate, dedicated connection for hot water only. This is great because it doesn’t compromise either the taste of your coffee or the taste of your water, should you want to have tea or an infusion.
It’s also a machine made with capacity in mind. The capsule container can hold up to 14 capsules, and the water tank holds 38 oz. of water.
- 38 oz. water tank.
- The capsule holder can fit up to 14 capsules.
- It has Bluetooth connectivity for enhanced user experience, further coffee customization.
- There are three basic coffee sizes, plus an exclusive Americano size.
- It has a designated hot water function.
- Easy to use LED dials.
What We Liked
What We Didn't Like
The most modern coffee technology combined with a Retro design which reminds us of the 50s (particularly if you pick the red color).
This prosumer espresso machine has a lever to open and close the capsule loading system and a dial for choosing your brew’s strength. This machine has a whopping six different sizes to choose from, with variations of the basic Ristretto, Espresso, and Lungo. This all-manual approach is a pleasant change from touch displays to Bluetooth in Nespresso makers that we’re sure many people will appreciate.
Its mix of home-friendly qualities, such as reduced power consumption (A-40% ranking) and a mighty 44 oz. water tank coupled with a 14-used-capsule container makes this machine an excellent choice for almost any context you might find yourself in. It’s great for personal, discreet, home use, but it can also handle a heavy workload without missing a beat.
- Professional 19-bar pressure system
- Manual lever for the capsule door
- 44 oz. Water tank, 14 used capsule container
- Reduced power consumption
- Six different coffee sizes
- It comes in very different presentations, such as Candy Apple Red, Pearl Silver, Frosted Silver, and others.
What We Liked
What We Didn't Like
- SINGLE SERVE COFFEE AND ESPRESSO MACHINE: The Nespresso Creatista Plus offers freshly brewed coffee as well as delicious authentic espresso. The Creatista plus can turn into...
- BARISTA GRADE: Brew different single serve coffee and espresso beverage options at the touch of a button depending on your coffee needs Ristretto (0.5 oz.), Rspresso (1.35...
- SMART COFFEE AND ESPRESSO MAKER: Brew a perfect single serve coffee or espresso cup time after time with an easy TFT LCD display that assists you on all preparation, setting...
Don’t just make coffee, make art. That’s what the Creatista aims to give you, an opportunity to make unique coffee, and to play around with each function so that you can create coffees that are unique to you, something that couldn’t be replicated by one of those one-button machines.
The main feature of the Creatista is the steam wand. This powerful steaming wand can outperform some of the most professional prosumer espresso machines out there while being extremely easy to operate. It relies on auto-frothing. This means that once you’ve set the milk jug in position, you need only choose the desired amount of froth, and the machine will do the rest.
With eight different coffee choices, it has the widest range among Nespresso machines. These are easily selected with a digital display on top of the device, which you operate with a dial and a button. The digital display lets you choose from multiple options, which aren’t limited to just coffee size. You can select your brewing temperature and the texture of your milk.
While the Creatista prosumer espresso machine is designed to be compact and fit comfortably in your kitchen, it can compete with some of the larger prosumer espresso machines. This coffee maker can hold up to 50 ounces of water in its water tank, which, for a home machine, is very impressive.
- 50 oz. removable water tank, ten used capsule container.
- Steam pipe for frothing.
- Assisted clean system
- 19 bar pressure system
- Eight different coffee selections
- Digital display
- 10 second heat-up time
While the Latissima Pro and the Creatista have an excellent milk-specific container and can make you any drink, this is not the case with the Expert or the KitchenAid. Don’t worry, though. There’s more than one solution for this, so you don’t miss out on the sweet, foamy world of milk coffee drinks.
- Aeroccino 3: This practical one-button device froths your milk very fast and takes almost no space at all, making it super portable and easy to store when not in use.
- Aeroccino 4: The more pro version of the Aeroccino, this one can make several different types of drink all by itself. It’s excellent for more demanding recipes.
- Barista Recipe Maker: With a delightful touchscreen, this impressive device can make just about any drink involving coffee, milk, and just about anything else you can think of. Great for people who love experimenting.
What We Liked
What We Didn't Like
Final thoughts: Prosumer espresso machines
With this, you’re more than set to start making coffee at a whole, more serious level. While the equipment is a must to make better coffee, what you need is to keep reading more and more about coffee. The science on coffee is amazing, and there’s always something new out there waiting to be discovered. So get your machine and start making some coffee like a true scientist!